Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reader's picture

Unknown bug by Allan Gosher

Clicking on this picture, and others in the blog, will show you an enlargement so you can take a closer look. Allan's picture ticks almost all the boxes when it comes to macro/ close-up photography. The subject is well positioned, sharp, colourful, and interesting to look at. The background is not too obtrusive, being nicely blurred.

I have no idea how small this bug is in real life, or whether it would have been possible to fill more of the frame with it. I think that it is a little small in the frame but cropping would definitely help. Another little niggle is the out-of-focus portion on the bit of wood that it's sitting on; it tends to draw my eye a bit but I realise that, with such a narrow depth of field, it might not have been possible to get it in focus as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this bug, his name is Rodney and he lives in a garden.