Saturday, August 04, 2007

Reader's picture reply

A couple of posts below this one is a black and white picture of trees at Summerveld by Gwynne Gosher. Harry Lock didn't quite agree with the comments that were made on it and submitted his own along with an altered version of the picture.


I don't think the fences in the foreground are the problem, as everyone suggests, I think it is the gap between the front fences and the one in front of the trees in the background.

Taking the picture from a lower camera angle would have the effect of reducing the gap and thus bringing together the foreground and background elements in the picture. See my edited example.

If the picture was taken from the balcony at Summerveld - which I suspect it was- there is no way of getting the exact camera angle - but there is always Photoshop, which it what I used here!

I like the black and white treatment as it gives the picture a sense of atmosphere. Harry.

No comments: